Ordered wheels for my car from DWW and they picked the offset that supposedly "fit".I received two emails, one showing they will ship wheels with a +40 the other +32.

The factory offset is +55. I called to question the offset and state that they will stick out too far and put a halt to the order until I could get better information. I called the wheel manufacturer and told them what DWW sold me and asked what the recommended offset should be. They told me +42 to +45 and sent an email confirming the correct offset.

I called DWW back and spoke with the "lovely" Sarah. I explained what the manufacturer told me and my concerns with the low offset. She proceeded to give me the riot act on how many they sell for my car and my model car has "big brakes" Blah, Blah. I didn't bother telling her I am an ASE Certified Technician well aware of what the car has and they are not "big brakes".

I had to interrupt her to say I wasn't comfortable with the low offset. At this point she became rude, belligerent and seriously has no business being in customer service. She said the rims were already drilled and if I wanted to cancel it would be a 50% refund per policy. Get this, THEY sold me the wrong offset yet want to charge me to cancel.

Hilarious. I then spoke with two other wheel stores about the offset and both said a +32 is too low and recommended a +42 to +45 with 225/40/18 tires. DWW sold me 235/40/18 tires which are wider to go along with the wrong offset. My car would have looked like a roller skate.

The only reason I could think of why they pushed the +32 is it's a pre-made offset from the factory. Anything else would have to be custom made and I think they wanted the quick sale. After going through this I say to everybody "BEWARE". Get more than one quote and speak with the rim manufacturer.

I will not recommend DWW and everybody will hear my story.As for Sarah, she needs therapy.

Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Wheel
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Discounted Wheel Warehouse?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion