I just had the worst tire buying experience of my life with Discounted Wheel Warehouse. I ordered 2 Dunlop Tires DIREZZA tires to be delivered to my home. The tires cost $348.00. The tires arrived and I had them professionally mounted on my car. After less than 10 miles on the road the entire inside sidewall came loose from the rest of the tire (on one tire) and my car was stuck on the highway.

Discounted Wheel Warehouse told me it was not their fault or Dunlap's fault and after 2 weeks of my constant nagging finally offered to sell me replacement at "cost" (wow how gracious of them). When I called to place my order the woman reminded me that "cost" is really "retail" for them (because their prices are so low...and not to expect much of a discount...lol) but I placed the order anyway because I desperately needed the tire.

Later that same day the woman called me to say they didn't have the tire in stock and couldn't get a replacement because they didn't want to pay the $30 shipping charge to their warehouse. I asked if their supplier could just send it directly to me and the lady said no because the supplier doesn't drop ship. I asked if their supplier would make an exception for me and she said no but offered to sell me another brand of tire... (how nice of her).

Not only am I extremely unhappy with the quality/grade of the tires they sell, but when something went wrong they picked the easiest way out (which was to not have to sell me the replacement tire, after two weeks of waiting, at cost). They, instead, offered to sell me another brand tire which obviously has a different tread pattern which is the equivalent of buying two different brands of tennis shoes (one for each foot)! During my research about the blowout I learned that there are companies out there that ONLY buy b-stock tires (tires that the big tire chains pass on because of manufacturing errors or defects) and pass them off to customers as brand new online. I'm not saying Discount Wheel Warehouse does this or not but, from my experience, that's what I'm concluding (especially after the dismissive tone expressed by their customer service department).

Things happen and tires can fail, I understand that, but the way in which Discount Tire Warehouse handled my problem proved to me who they are as a company... If companies are people Discount Tire Warehouse was the worst blind date I've ever been on! You can view my tire here- http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/WKleever/photo.jpg

Had an Experience with Discounted Wheel Warehouse?

Comments

CHODE...You are a gigantic chode...

really. And learn to spell douche-bag.

This place obviously sucks if you've done ANY research on them.Texas F*G!

SEEMS LIKE UR AN ***.ITS THE MANUFACTURER FAULT NOT THE TIRE PLACE.

UR JUST A DOUCHE.

U SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO BE ON THE RODE.GO PUT A SKIRT AND SIT UR *** DOWN

A tire company CAN NOT sell a defect tire FOR STREET USE--they can sell appearance blemish which is a tire that might have a crooked white wall or something on those lines--all tire have to meet D.O.T specs--IF they do sell a defected tire--it has to be burned into the side wall by the serial number for that tire "FOR FARM USE ONLY-NOT FOR HIWAY USE " because those tires at not intended for speeds over 25 mph--