On august 26th I placed an order for some wheels and tires. This package included TPMS sensor (pre-programmed) and lug nuts all vehicle specified.

After all packages came in I had local shop mount, balance and install sensors. After taking wheels back garage to install first thing I notice is lug nuts didn't fit so I end up having to buy a new set. After all wheels are installed of car, I take off and after a few hours the TPMS light comes on. I check monitor system on dash and all wheels reading "pending".

I contacted discounted wheel warehouse and they agreed on reimbursing me for the cost of re-programming sensor with some new codes. I made appointment at dealership and it end up costing $120+tax. The technician was unable to program one sensor due to it being completely dead/faulty. At this point I call the company back and they tell me to send receipt over in which I did.

They call back after reviewing receipt and tell me I have to purchase a new sensor from them or use my factory one (which means I have to take apart my factory wheels) and they will reimburse for that sensor once I install new one and send damaged one back. Now I have to pay for new sensor, mounting and balancing wheel/tire again with new sensor and pay additional to program sensor with new code. I've tried multiple times email and calling with no success. It seems like they have my number written up on a list for "do not answer" because someone always picks up and drops the call or put me on wait to music and after a while is a complete silence.

It is not my fault they sent me a damaged sensor and that I also had to reprogram all of them. This should not be coming out of my pocket since everything was supposed to be included in original price which was paid in full first day they requested money.

Preferred solution: reimburse for reprogramming sensors, bad lug nuts and faulty sensor.

Discounted Wheel Warehouse Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments